Myra has been deeply involved in her religious community since childhood. In this day and age she believes it is more important than ever to be a vocal proponent of peace between all people, and to also support your local organizations through donations and volunteer work.
Myra’s Community Involvement
For over a decade, Myra has been involved with a variety of local and national organizations. She has gone from vocal school advocate to high level JNF leader.
- Jewish National Fund Women for Israel, National President 2018 – Present
- Jewish National Fund Women for Israel, National Vice President 2015 – 2018
- Jewish National Fund National Board of Directors, Board Member 2015 – Present
- Jewish National Fund Women for Israel, National Board Member 2012 – Present
- Jewish National Fund Makor, Speaker 2011 – Present
- Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego, Board Member 2013 – 2018
- Jewish National Fund San Diego, Regional President 2011- 2014 and 2017 – 2018
- Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego, President 2015 – 2016
- Congregation Beth Am Women’s Connection, Board of Directors 2009 – 2017
- Congregation Beth Am Board of Directors, Vice President 2009 – 2013
- Congregation Beth Am Board of Directors, Board Member 2008 – 2013
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Marketing Co-Chair for the International Convention, 2006
- Carmel Valley Middle School Site Council, 2005 – 2006
- Del Mar Schools Education Foundation, Vice President of Finance and Treasurer 2004 – 2005
- Torrey Hills Elementary School Site Council, 2002 – 2006
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, 1997 – 2010
Awards & Recognition
In 2003 and 2006, Myra was awarded the Wiley W. Manual Pro Bono Services Award for her volunteer efforts though the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program. Myra was awarded the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Distinguished in 2005.